Weld, layout, position, align, and fit parts for steel fabrication.
- Verify conformance of work pieces to specifications, using squares, rulers, and measuring tapes.
- Weld steel members.
- Move steel members into positions, manually or with hoists or cranes.
- Position, align, fit, and track weld parts to form complete units or subunits, following blueprints and layout specifications, and using jigs, welding torches, and hand tools.
- Study engineering drawings and blueprints to determine materials requirements and task sequences
Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities, and Competencies:
- Knowledge of shop machines and sand tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Basic knowledge of arithmetic, geometry and their application.
- Knowledge of materials, methods and the tools involved in construction or repair of structures.
- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Using either control mechanisms or direct physical activity to operate machines or processes (not including computers or vehicles).
- Using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials.
- Running, maneuvering, navigating, or driving vehicles or mechanized equipment, such as forklifts.
- Identifying information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or similarities, and detecting changes in circumstances or events.
- Read work orders or other instructions to determine product specifications or materials requirements.
- Mount materials or work pieces onto production equipment.
- Direct operational or production activities.
- Measure dimensions of completed products or work pieces to verify conformance to specifications
- Ability to operate small forklift, pallet jacks, hoist, etc. to lift and transport materials exceeding 50 pounds.
- Welding proficiency in the following processes; FCAW
- Safely and properly operate an Oxy/Acct and plasma cutting.
Required Training and Certifications:
- Able to pass a Welding Certification Test with knowledge of all weld & prep symbols.
- Shop drawings reading and basic math test.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Welding: 2 years
- Fitting: 2 years
- Job shop experience preferred
Upon offer or promotion, candidate must pass a drug and/or alcohol test.
This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees may be required to perform other related job duties.